Notary World is C.L.A.N.’s flagship publication for members and is chockfull of articles and news designed to continually inform and educate.
Notary World will continue to be published regularly and continuously as an emailed newsletter. Our target publication rota is three editions annually.
All our members are strongly encouraged to submit articles or items of news that are considered worthy of dissemination among the membership generally. Our Editor will reply to all such submissions in a timely way and can provide assistance with any editing work that may be desirable.
Articles and News in our latest edition of Notary World include;
- Editor’s Note (Ken Lord ) – Notaries not only remain, but are perhaps increasingly, “crucial cogs … in the apparatus of the state and in the daily organization of people’s lives”
- Two case reviews contributed by Nigel Ready M.A. (Cantab) – Honorary Chairman Cheeswrights Scrivener Notaries London, one case review modern, the other a little earlier in time.
- President’s Statement (Stewart Germann) exciting times for C.L.A.N. as we move forward on planning and recruitment.
- “In the presence of” Change (Don Thomas) on the changes to work with respect to the more widespread acceptance of working remotely.
- Dealing with possible fake document (Tony Coupe) An example of a potentially fake document and how it was dealt with.
- Peculiar Laws, Ancient Customs & Curious Courts (John Kirkhope) A fun look at some of the interesting laws in the English legal system.